New Years' resolutions are OK, but they so often get broken. I want to resolve to write more to this blog - and to write regularly - but I'm not going to tempt fate. I will say that I have lots to tell you about Spiritual Horsemanship that I've been taking notes on that I just haven't been posting, and you WILL see that stuff in the (hopefully) near future. Meanwhile, here is a thought for you: The ideal human/horse relationship would be a psychic connection, and that would entail there being no separation between minds. What one knows and feels, the other knows and feels. When one hurts, fears, is angry, sad, the other feels that as if it was her own emotion.
Normal, healthy living beings are attracted to feeling good and repelled by negative feelings. The attraction of security, familiarity, trust and friendship is a big part of what keeps a herd together. The bond is fluid, changing from moment to moment but always with a place for each horse that satisfies. A human who wants to create the strongest bond with a horse needs to set up and participate in an attractive relationship where the horse feels the safety, familiarity, trust and friendship of a herd - something that is not achieved through force or pain.
With such a relationship, a human would have to work fully with a horse, as opposed to being in control. It would mean opening oneself to the horse, not just wanting the horse to open to the human. The goal of a true psychic sharing of minds, with each seeking the positive emotions and feeling what both feel, and thus experiencing when the action results in positive emotion as opposed to guessing or deciding for the other, will create a bond whether or not the goal is achieved.
The measure of success for the best human/horse relationship is not what the horse does for the human, but how satisfied both human and horse are.
I wish you a very satisfying and spiritual 2013.

No comments:
Post a Comment