Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sonetta report - 11 weeks



At almost three months, Sonetta is not as well "trained" as many other foals of her age, but I don't care. When she's out running on 70 acres, if she can see me she will come to me if I give her the signal. She doesn't freak out at anything new, but rather is merely cautious as she approaches something she's never encountered before. She is calm but having fun, examining everything, charging at dogs and chickens, galloping in big circles at top speed farther and farther away until her mother, Su, whinnies in distress.

This is one mentally and physically healthy little horse, and I know she's going to be something special when she grows up. As for her "training", she'll catch up in the next few months. Much more important to me to lay a solid foundation now for her future partnership with humans than for her to meet up to the expectations of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment